• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S to HTC incredible?

Hello everybody! I signed up with TMobile about 9 months ago with 2 lines, one for me and one for my wife. We both have the Samsung Galaxy S. We have been so busy that we are just now starting to use our phoned for more then just calls/texts. My wife dropped her phone and the screen shattered yesterday. I called T Mobile because I have the insurance ($10 a month) and when I signed up the lady said it was free replacement for damaged, lost, or stolen phones. Unfortunately they are either not true to their words or the lady was wrong because they want to charge me $150 to replace it. My buddy has an htc incredible with verizon, but he just upgraded and wants to sell me the htc incredible for $25. Can I use it with tmobile? Thanks

I believe it is an original, what is cdma?

CDMA is one the two most common cellular networks (the other being GSM). Phones that are designed to work with CDMA networks (such as Verizon) cannot work with GSM networks (T-mobile) and vice versa. Therefore, the original Incredible, being a CDMA-only phone, will not work with T-mobile's GSM network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones