• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 - Broken screen, need to access files/bypass screen lock

RForrest23

Lurker
Mar 17, 2012
Hi everyone,

I managed to drop and break the screen of the Galaxy S2 last week, but want to retrieve the files off it (mainly pictures) before I send it off to be repaired, as I'm thinking that they'll either send me a completely new phone or wipe the memory of mine. The actual phone still works, just the screen is blank. I've connected it through Kies but I can't access the files as it says the screen lock is on. Does anyone know how to either bypass the screen lock in this situation or an alternatively way to access the phone's folders. Everything is saved on the phone and not a SD card.

Welcome to the Android Forum - nice to have you aboard... I'm sorry to hear that - I hope someone with this sort of knowledge will chime in to help you.

There are a few carriers who have the Samsung Galaxy S2 - So I have linked all variants of your phone. Just choose your phone from the list.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums - (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums - (T-mobile)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums - (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums - (International)
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD - Android Forums

Best of luck. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones