Galaxy S2 gt-i9100G: All things root

Last Updated:

1. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Superatmos is mentioned in the superRom thread so I'd play it safe and go for that.

Advertisement
    Rickyyy likes this.
  2. Shotgun84

Welcome to the forum dodgydave1234.
    As Rickyyy has said use that guide. Looking at your details says to me that you have the international version and not the g. If that's the case you should ignore this thread (except the dumbies root guide bit) and move back to the main all things root forum
    Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root - Android Forums
  3. Rickyyy

Rickyyy Member

okay i've rooted with succes, although the superatmos kernel didn't have the superuser app do i had to download it....all is working good, but my fone's not vibrating anymore coz i didn't read the logs,v2.2 doesnt vibrate, so i wanna go back to v2.1, can i just download it and flash it?
  4. Shotgun84

Yeah my bad. I should of said that the superatmos kernel download is already a .tar so no need to extract it.

The guide referred to kernels which are in zip. Sorry.
    Rickyyy likes this.
  5. Rickyyy

Rickyyy Member

okay i've rooted with succes, although the superatmos kernel didn't have the superuser app do i had to download it....all is working good, but my fone's not vibrating anymore coz i didn't read the logs,v2.2 doesnt vibrate, so i wanna go back to v2.1, can i just download it and flash it?
  6. Shotgun84

Superuser won't show up as an app. It will just run in the background and kick in when called upon. Did a cwm app turn up in you're app draw?
  7. Shotgun84

Sorry I forgot to say. Yeah you can just flash the previous kernel.
  8. Rickyyy

Rickyyy Member

After i flashed the kernel it showed me the CWM app only, which showed me this message: "This version of CWM manager should be used with CF-root v5.0 or newer. It appears you are running a different kernel. Various features have been disabled." I tried to open market enabler which requires root to work, but it didn't go, so i downloaded superuser and everything seemed to work good after that....anyway i flashed v2.1 and my vibration is working again.

Thanx for ur help dude!...I'll keep u posted if get stuck in something.
  9. gadorey

gadorey Member

Hi
    I flashed the RC3 and everything was working fine until I shut down the telephone. When I turned it back on it is asking me for a password, which I don't have. any ideas?
  10. Shotgun84

Honestly I don't really know why it would ask you for a password if you haven't set one. I suppose you could try reflashing the ROM.
  11. gadorey

gadorey Member

sorry, it's not a password, it asks for the screen lock pin. I tried flashing again and same thing - after a few minutes it locks the screen and wants a pin. If I try to change the screen lock settings under security, it asks for the PIN. So I'm basically stuck...
  12. gadorey

gadorey Member

Somehow I got it to work. Sorry, don't ask me how, I'm really not sure anymore what I did since I tried so many things... Everything is now working. So thanks again for everything.
  13. imran678

imran678 New Member

hey i bought a gs2 i9100G and it had signal issues n i could not make any calls... it was a canadian phone n i live in srilanka... i changed da firmware version to i9100DDKE2 which actually is a baseband version of i9100... my phone's signal issue is solved bt display is da problem now... da display is nt bright n even wen i switch on my camera everythin is blurry... what can i do??
  14. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

You cannot/should not flash i9100 firmware onto the i9100G phone. They are not compatible.

You will receive more help in the, "All Things Root", section of the forum for the i9100G, here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...2437-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100g-all-things-root.html

I have requested your post be moved.

Good luck. :)
  15. Shotgun84

I would root using the superatmos kernel and then flash a custom ROM for the g variant. This should solve your problems. Links can be found in post number 2 of this thread. If you need any advice on how to root just let me know and I'll help you out, but it looks like you've already flashed with Odin so it shouldn't be too much trouble for you.
    ironass likes this.
  16. deano1964

deano1964 Member

17. Shotgun84

Welcome to the forum deano1964 and thanks for joining.
    You have stock firmware and kernel so your phone isn't rooted.
    You have the standard internation version and not the G so you will want our main all things root forum for all your rooting needs
    Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root - Android Forums
  18. deano1964

deano1964 Member

Thanks for the reply but if this phone is not rooted why on boot up i see a yellow triangle with a exlamation mark in it what does that mean i just got this phone from someone else so i don't know the history i do know it is unlocked for any provider . I'm new to the android i was a iphone man come to the other side so may have some dumm question
  19. Shotgun84

The yellow triangle would suggest the phone has been rooted. Download root checker from the market and see what that says.
  20. deano1964

deano1964 Member

When i run root checker basic it says it requires superuser and when i allow it it says i have root access and a couple post back i was told i dont have a rooted phone
  21. Shotgun84

Sorry my bad, it looked like a stock kernel but I guess not. If root checker says you're rooted then you are.
  22. deano1964

deano1964 Member

So my phone is unlicked for providers if i want to unroot my phone will that have affect on the unlock and the reason for unrooting is to see if that is the problem with the earpiece volume
  23. Shotgun84

24. deano1964

deano1964 Member

thanks for thre help going to give it a try