• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 ... lost contacts, home screen, but some things remain???

Jasheman

Oct 11, 2012
Hi, newbie here so be gentle please :)

Hope someone can help with this. Switched off my phone tonight, everything was fine, went out in the car and popped it on charge. When i switched back on a half hour later, the following had happened:

- Wallpaper behind lock screen reset, but password still ok
- Home screen layout gone back to factory reset, but background wallpaper still there???
- All apps, music, etc, remain
- Contacts all gone, but groups that i set up remain??

Seems it has been a bit selective about what has been removed, has anyone experienced the same??? Seems to be on OS 4.0.4 but i can't remember what it was on before this (although the icons at the top seem to be different, so i wonder if it has reverted)

Have heard about a hard key reset, but is this what i really need to do?

To sum up ........ HELP!! ;)

**Sorry, i posted this in the wrong forum, probably belongs better in here**

Hope someone can help with this. Switched off my phone tonight, everything was fine, went out in the car and popped it on charge. When i switched back on a half hour later, the following had happened:

- Wallpaper behind lock screen reset, but password still ok
- Home screen layout gone back to factory reset, but background wallpaper still there???
- All apps, music, etc, remain
- Contacts all gone, but groups that i set up remain??

Seems it has been a bit selective about what has been removed, has anyone experienced the same??? Seems to be on OS 4.0.4 but i can't remember what it was on before this (although the icons at the top seem to be different, so i wonder if it has reverted)

Have heard about a hard key reset, but is this what i really need to do?

To sum up ........ HELP!!

Upvote 0
Hi, i have just experienced exactly the same problem with my Samsung S2. All was ok and i just left it to charge. Discovered all my contacts had just disappeared afterwards when i went to make a phone call. I didn't do anything unusual and all of my contact groups are still there.

Can anyone help. I had LOADS of contacts and some of them very important AND I DO NOT HAVE A BACKUP!!! :(

Upvote 0
Hi, i have just experienced exactly the same problem with my Samsung S2. All was ok and i just left it to charge. Discovered all my contacts had just disappeared afterwards when i went to make a phone call. I didn't do anything unusual and all of my contact groups are still there.

Can anyone help. I had LOADS of contacts and some of them very important AND I DO NOT HAVE A BACKUP!!! :(

Open contacts> Menu> More> Display options> Select contacts to display

Check which option you have selected and see if you have them saved to your sim or phone

Upvote 0
Open contacts> Menu> More> Display options> Select contacts to display

Check which option you have selected and see if you have them saved to your sim or phone

Thanks Kelis but i already tried that. My contacts setting is set to "Display All Contacts". I have also checked and tried to import from USB storage, SD card and also SIM card in case any of the contacts were there but no luck.

Can anyone else help, please!

Upvote 0
Hi! This is what happened to me today! I wanted to make a call and I saw that the phone does not recognize my numbers anymore! I went to check the contact list and all my numbers where gone! I turned off the phone and after 2 minutes i restarted it! I checked the contacts again and the ones i had stored on my sim card reappeared, but the ones stored on the phone are gone! I charged the phone this morning, but didn't check it for hours, so I don't know if that is the cause!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones