• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 Display is bleeding or something

Jackama

Lurker
May 3, 2013
So my screen is like "bleeding" over and slowly creeping from left to right across my display.

i had dropped it from like 8 inches and it was fine. however once i plugged it in to charge i started to notice this creeping dark growth like overlaying in the screen. over the past few days it has grown. it makes everything hard to read through it etc.

also to note on the trailing edge of the "creep" as im going to call it, its goes from green to pink. almost like ink bleeding out of a pen or something, its really hard to explain.

i can also notice image retention or burn ins on this area, and itll change like if i reboot the phone i can see the samsung logo there.

im not sure what it is exactly, will see if i can somehow get a photo of it.

any ideas?

ok so here is a way i can think to describe it.

You know when i pen is pressed hard on papper and it starts to bleed ink? The point of contact is the darkest area and as the ink spreads through the fibers of the paper its darker to lighter as it progresses. that is exactly what this looks like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones