Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

1. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

My drive home. It was a light rain and heavy fog. I saw like 22 deer right on the shoulder of the road.. ugh.

Anyway im home now. Time to read back and see what i missed.

Good night to those of you that passed out at the bar. :p
  2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Hellooo anyone alive in here?
  3. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

*sings* There ain't nobody here but us chickens...
  4. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Well, I don't think Liquid is ready for prime time. Had to do a battery pull on my S3 because it would not do anything. I wonder if a debloated stock image is floating around...
  5. StarScream2109

You can always debloat yourself :)
  6. StarScream2109

Haha okay well I got an oil rig to go drain :D
  7. ajdroidx

Battery life in Liquid Smooth RC3 is not as good as expected. I think I am just going to nandroid back to stock and freeze some stuff...

If my phone boots up... :eek:

Bummer. Probably need to do my sisters as well as she is running the same rom.
  8. ajdroidx

Never had to restore a nandroid before. Here goes nothing. Guess I should put my One X on to charge in case I botch this.
  9. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Hey all, so here is your first taste of my news roundups. We call them "RSRSS" over in the GNex Watering Hole because I collect stories from my RSS feed :) Here is a link to previous posts here on AF. These are also put on my blog, along with other posts; feel free to follow me there and on various social media outlets, see my sig for details. Enjoy!

RSRSS, October 3

Today's Headlines:
    SlashGear Evening Wrap-Up: October 3, 2012 - SlashGear

Daily Cuppa: iPad Mini and ACMA stings scammers | ZDNet

Huge news! Rumor: Nexus program to see "huge changes", LG Optimus G Nexus coming in November | Android and Me

Call to the Bullpen: T-Mobile and MetroPCS to merge in first half of 2013

Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumor: 13MP camera module spotted | Android Authority

32GB Nexus 7 tablet, Galaxy Nexus II hinted at in leaked image | BGR

Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update "coming soon" to the U.S. | Android Authority

Patent troll comes after Google's Voice Recognition and Apple's Siri | Android Community

Samsung teases Galaxy S3 mini for October 11 launch | Mobile - CNET News

LG Optimus G coming to AT&T and Sprint in the near future -- Engadget

Study: Galaxy S3 Display "Superior" to the iPhone 5 – Droid Life

Craigslist rolls out new Map View feature for apartment searches | TheNextWeb

Hackers post data from dozens of breached college servers | Security & Privacy - CNET News

Apps and Tech:
    Google officially launches Google Wallet for web content | 9to5Google

Google Drive, Wallet, and Music get upgrades | Phandroid

App of the Day: Strava Run review (iPhone/Android) - Pocket-lint

FileBeam adds NFC sharing to Dropbox - NFC World

Xbox Music launches October 26 with free ad-supported streaming, coming to Android eventually | Phandroid

2Checkout Mobile Arrives in the Play Store, Allows Users to Track Sales, Issue Refunds From Their Phone | Android Police

Make your Android phone smarter in 5 minutes with Atooma - GigaOM

CarSafe Takes Mobile Driver Aids to the Next Level | Autopia | Wired.com

Google Working on New Android Build System to Replace, Unify Eclipse's ADT and Ant - Devs Can Try It Now | Android Police

Use Your Android Netflix App to Control Netflix on Your PlayStation 3 – Droid Life

A Google-a-Day Puzzle for Oct. 3 | Wired.com

Gaming and Miscellany:
    Top 10 Android game releases this week: Jetpack Joyride, NBA 2K13, Rayman Jungle Run | Android and Me

Mobile News Wrap-Up: October 3, 2012 | GameTrailers

NBA 2K13 launches on Google Play Store | Android Community

Glu Mobile Releases Trailer for Upcoming Game Death Dome – Combines Infinity Blade Combat with Borderlands Visuals | Phandroid

Shadowgun: Deadzone for Tegra 3 devices open beta to begin soon | DroidGamers

PlayStation Mobile officially launches, more than 30 games right out the gate | Android Authority

Konami Jumps into Major League Baseball - but It's on Facebook | Kotaku

New slim PS3 model torn apart by iFixit, internals exposed | Joystiq

Best smartphones for $100 or less | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Wanna Pay for Things Using Square's Smartphone App? Here's Every Business That Will Let You Do That | Gizmodo

Feeling Down? Pick Yourself Up with One of These "Good Mood" Foods | Lifehacker

From today's "lolwut?" column: Stuffing Cool Ranch Doritos in a Pepper Grinder Is How You Bottle Genius | Gizmodo

The Geekiest License Plates of All Time | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com

If you want fast 4G speeds, move to Australia | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
  10. ajdroidx

Well, thats done. One phone down, one to go. I froze several things, but can't find the messenger to freeze. Its the red icon with the + symbol on it, Not sure if its google, or AT&Ts junk or what.
  11. alsaces daddy

:eek:

Spam!!!

Nah im kidding. I actually scroll thru your thread and read the news you post. Its really helpful and informative. Thank you for sharing with us here too. :beer:;):beer:
    RazorSharp likes this.
  12. RazorSharp

Was Steven insulting this thread? I thought he was talking about my blog post, heh.
    No problem! Hope others enjoy as well.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  13. alsaces daddy

Maybe im just really tired but i cant find in that thread where he insulted anyone..
  14. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Have you by chance tried the Synergy ROM? I am really really enjoying it overall. Most gobbledeegoo has been removed and you have abilities to disable stuff quite easily even further in that ROM.

Plus, I think you can download a tool from the market that overclocks it to 1.9GHz :eek::eek::eek:

I can't vouch for that feature, as I have no need for 1.5GHz most of the time. :)
    EarlyMon likes this.
  15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Steven is a sweetheart and works hard to embrace everyone. ;) :)

Razor - maybe time for your own rss thread. It's that good, I can't wait to check it every time! :)
  16. ajdroidx

Razors RSS watering hole :)
  17. RazorSharp

I was totally kidding! Steven would never insult anyone seriously.
    Thanks for the kind words :) If that is the official decision of the staff, I'd be happy to do that, no problem! I was trying to solicit opinions from greens/reds earlier about how best to reach a wider audience.
    treb1797 and EarlyMon like this.
  18. alsaces daddy

I think a lounge thread would be awesome!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  19. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

My pleasure, you've more than earned them! :)

As for wider opinions from staff - compadre - srsly??

You must know me by now. Any resemblance to planned is strictly coincidental. :D

If your gut says it's time for your own thread, then I say you're dead right.

If you're unsure, then I say go for it and have a blast!

:) :) :)
    RazorSharp likes this.
  20. kymberlin

kymberlin *~ Life is Beautiful ~* VIP Member

Well well well.... on the back end of it work week and can't wait for the weekend to begin. I hope this fine Thursday finds you all in good health and happiness.

It was wonderful seeing so many new faces around here yesterday and I sheepishly did some exploring myself. Wow this is a big site! Lots of red faces in here as well. Welcome one and welcome all.

So, on to the morning coffee.... hope y'all enjoy!

[​IMG]
  21. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Good morning you wierd lot, welcome to the new guys n gilrs and a slap on the back to the usual supects (regulars) and tea, coffee & blood all round, with pastries (sorry, fresh outta body parts)
    treb1797, Rachel A and kymberlin like this.
  22. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Not sure about feeling fine... the sunlight really does burn now! :vamp: ;)

Glad we're closer to the weekend though :)
    Rachel A and kymberlin like this.
  23. kymberlin

kymberlin *~ Life is Beautiful ~* VIP Member

24. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Read it again
    kymberlin likes this.
  25. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you've a chocolate eclair there do you X? Not had a decent one in 10 years..

Good morning everyone. It's good as always to be here!
    treb1797 likes this.