• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 Funky stuff help

D

Derek Paul

Alright so, some funny stuff has been going on since i updated tp 4.4.4 on my galaxy s4 with tmobile (not to say the update is the problem). But.. it started out with me getting messages every now and then saying "Intelligence Service has stopped." I would just click OK or continue. Next, i was receiving a Facebook notification that said my session has expired. Before I hit the notification, i went to the facebook app and i was still logged in... i thought this was odd and could be some sort of third part phing scam or whatever its called so I deleted the notification. The next time it sent the same thing i clicked on it and it was asking facebook my permission for GALAXY S4 to access facebook. Again... i was still logged on and didnt see a reason to. Then last night, my phone just randomly turned off... i tried turning it back on but it would just turn off again almost immediately. This made no sense because I had like 70% battery. I couldnt get it to work so I tried doing dofferent things like charging it, soft reset, swapping batteries, outlets, and so on to no success. I took it on to the samsung experience shop to have a look and they couldnt do anything because my phone wouldnt fully turn on. Specifically, the phone would ONLY show any sign of activity if i remove the battery and put it back in, where the phone will vibrate and show the samsung logo before turning off again in like 2 seconds. Afterwards, no amount of power button pressing will make anything happen, nor charging. When they said i had to ship it in for evaluation, i started walking out of the door when my phone suddenly turned on out of the blue and was working fine again. However, it literally went from 70% battery to 2% in the shortest time possible and i have it screenshotted here.

2ev3nec.png

Well anyways, they were able to charge it and reinstall the new software update and i got my phone working again. I deleted all apps i didnt use or installed recently, backed up all my files and deleted them off the phone for more room, checked for viruses and simply ran a complete cleanup. However.. it happened again. It turned off out of the blue and didnt turn back on. It took about 10 minutes before ot finally turned back on again and now im writing this... what ..is..going ..on... :( does anybody have any help?

Really sorry for the tl;dr

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones