• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 Support

serrin

Lurker
Oct 4, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that runs LTE on the AT&T Network and I live in an area where I think I am probably the only one with a cell phone in the area and the LTE Theoretical speeds is about 100 MBPS and I am getting about 95 is there an application I can download where I can set the speed I want the phone to operate at? AT&T Tech Support is clueless

Thanks,
Ken

WoW will only used the data it requires to play, provided it exceeds the required minimum. Same thing if you're just browsing, doing IM and checking emails. The thing that might use more data because you've got such high speeds, is if you're streaming media, and if it's automatically setting bit-rates based on available bandwidth, higher bit-rate = higher data usage. I'm not aware of any app can can throttle the available bandwidth from cell-towers. Usually the complaint here is that people don't have enough bandwidth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones