• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S5 Marshmallow upgrade problem

chaz4

Lurker
Dec 23, 2011
I received notification from AT&T about an upgrade to my software, which I presume to be Marshmallow. I download the 609 mb upgrade, and the proceed to "Continue". The phone reboots and starts to do something, and then I get a warning that I should check the back of the phone to insure waterproof seal. The back and the charging port are both in correct position as far as I can see,

I then get a message that the upgrade has failed, and I should try again. When I try again, the link that says 'resume upgrade' is greyed out, and if I try to re-download, I'm told that the phone is up-to-date, and that I can try again in 24 hours.

I've tried this twice, two days in a row, and twice the same results.

Anybody else got this problem? What's solution?

I received notification from AT&T about an upgrade to my software, which I presume to be Marshmallow. I download the 609 mb upgrade, and the proceed to "Continue". The phone reboots and starts to do something, and then I get a warning that I should check the back of the phone to insure waterproof seal. The back and the charging port are both in correct position as far as I can see,

I then get a message that the upgrade has failed, and I should try again. When I try again, the link that says 'resume upgrade' is greyed out, and if I try to re-download, I'm told that the phone is up-to-date, and that I can try again in 24 hours.

I've tried this twice, two days in a row, and twice the same results.

Anybody else got this problem? What's solution?
Hi, I doubt it is the Marshmallow upgrade, it has only just been released for the Nexus phones, and they get the updates way ahead of anyone else, which Android version are you on now? Phil

Upvote 0
The update for the AT&T model, G900A, is for Android 5.1.1. This requires between 6GB-7GB of free space on the phone's memory before it can install as it involves increasing the system partition size for the addition of extra AT&T bloatware in a future update. This will mean losing around 1.5GB of phone memory as opposed to the stock Samsung firmware releases that have circa 12GB of the 16GB phone memory free for users.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones