• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy tab 2 7.0 cannot establish secure connection

LeoGirl76

Lurker
Apr 10, 2019
I recently aquired Galaxy tab 2 7.0 GT-3113ZW from another party I did a factory reset on it and when I set up my own account it uninstalled kingroot, which I did not even know was on the device at the time, with a prompt 'uninstall harmful app'. After this, it will no longer allow me to load any websites or connect to play store or Galaxy apps. I can connect to WiFi and also to my hotspot on my phone, but when I try to load anything or sign into certain networks, it gives me the message 'cannot establish secure connection'. Please help, I have tried to reinstall kingroot APK and use it to properly unroot, which seems to have worked successfully, but am still having the problem with internet connection. I am not sure if the root/unroot is even related to the problem, but I know the issue wasn't happening before kingroot was initially uninstalled.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones