• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sweet Chaos

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2010
New Jersey
raptr.com
This may be a dumb question but is the Galaxy Tab 3G? I thought it was, but when I go to the Samsung Galaxy website it doesn't specify (or if it does, I don't understand what all the stuff in the "network" category is).

The reason I am asking is that the Verizon store by me will not sell the Tab without their MiFi, so you have to buy the Tab AND the MiFi with the data. They said the Tab is ONLY WiFi so you need the MiFi to give WiFi to the device when you are in a 3G zone. I know that the Tab has an option to be a WiFi hotspot so I'm really confused.

**EDIT**
I did a Google search and found this on Wikipedia:
High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) is a 3G mobile telephony protocol in the HSPA family with up-link speeds up to 5.76 Mbit/s.
So this means that the device IS 3g right? That HSUPA allows it to pick up 3G signals?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones