• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Tab working with any bluetooth headset?

shaggles

Oct 19, 2010
Hey there, I just preordered the Galaxy Tab (will get it on the 30th) and would like to know if all Android bluetooth headsets should work with this. I never had a bluetooth headset that's why I have no idea how this works. Can I also accept calls directly from the headset?

Android bluetooth headsets? :eek:

I believe what you are asking if all bluetooth headsets will work. The answer to this question is yes to varying degrees. Bluetooth is an open standard and bluetooth devices work to the extent that their bluetooth stacks function. Since there are no specific standards to the development of a bluetooth stack, there is a periodic problem where the stack on the phone does not always play well with the stack on the headset. Therefore... varying degrees of success.

Reactions: shaggles
Upvote 0
Thanks for the explanation. If I want to listen to music with my regular headphones connected via the 3.5 jack but use the microphone of a bluetooth headset whenever I get a call do you think this could work out? (That I basically listen to the caller's voice via regular headset but speak with the bluetooth mic)

Reactions: samprabhu
Upvote 0
Thanks for the explanation. If I want to listen to music with my regular headphones connected via the 3.5 jack but use the microphone of a bluetooth headset whenever I get a call do you think this could work out? (That I basically listen to the caller's voice via regular headset but speak with the bluetooth mic)

I would tend to doubt that that would work as usually when you redirect the audio both in and out to bluetooth then the speakers and headset plug no longer receive the audio... I've never seen an implementation where the microphone/audio-in could be redirected seperately...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones