• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GameBoid GBA Emulator can't Save Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

DeepBlue9k

Lurker
Jan 13, 2013
Hello. I am having some trouble saving my Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (ROM version U B1) game using the "GameBoid" GBA emulator (ver 2.4.7) for Android.

The problem is that I can save the game using the in-game save menu (not save states) only once. The first time I try, it will successfully save. But if I then later load that save game using the in-game load menu and then try to in-game save again, I get a "Save Failed" error and the game's music stops playing.

I've tried changing the "GBA save type" option from automatic to the various choices such as EEPROM, SRAM, Flash, and Flash (128KB) but nothing seems to help. I've also tried replicating the problem in other games such as Fire Emblem and Advance Wars but none of the other games I've tried seem to have the problem.

Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones