• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid not playing GBC Roms

I have a Droid2 and downloaded Gameboid Lite. I then downloaded gba_bios.bin, and 2 separate versions of Pokemon Silver roms. gba_bios was selected just fine, but Silver won't run. I noticed you have to put the zipped .zip ROM, so i put both on my SD card and both are giving me the same result.

When I select the game, the screen changes, "Select ROM" at the top turns into "Gameboid Lite", and a notification in the notification area says "Gameboid Lite is running". I'm assuming this is where the game usually starts up and runs, but instead, after about 0.5-1 second, the screen goes back to Select ROM, and nothing happens, even though the notification says "Gameboid Lite is running".

I have no idea why it's not working. I downloaded a separate ROM file to see if it was a bad ROM, but same error with both. Any ideas? I'm completely brand new to Android and all of this, so bear with me please! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones