• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameloft: Bad support for Android

bearballz

Jul 11, 2010
Chi-town
Is it me or has Gameloft not fully committed itself to Android? I really like Gameloft's suite of games but it seems a nice chunk of their titles are never compatible with my phone.

I love Asphalt 6 but neither my EVO 4G nor my Evo 4G LTE are compatible for it. I did buy it when the play store had a couple of big sales on apps a couple months back (was hoping an updated version would come out supporting newer phones).

Seems everytime I peruse the play store none of their games are compatible unless my phone is running Froyo.

Do any of you find this frustrating? I know their just games but C'mon Gameloft!

If you think your phone can play them fine, you need to hack your phone and change your build.prop "foot print"

like my new Ramos W17PRO Tablet

I use a Samsung i9100 foot print so I get access to all the good games and apps.

here is it edited for my tablet, what you need to change for yours, you need more tech help as I don't know.

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=ICS.f04ref.20120204
ro.build.display.id=Ramos W17Pro
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.root.20120204.165424
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=Fri Dec 30 16:56:13 CST 2011
ro.build.date.utc=1325235373
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=root
ro.build.host=android
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Ramos W17Pro
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=f04ref
ro.product.device=f04ref
ro.product.board=f04ref
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=14
ro.board.platform=exDroid
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=f04ref
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=GT-I9100-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120303 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/f04ref/f04ref:4.0.3/ICS.f04ref.20120204/eng.root.20120204.165424:eng/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet

Upvote 0
Gameloft thinks N.O.V.A. 3 will be their best game to date and they have pulled out all the stops to make sure you know that. We already saw three teaser videos released last week and they are back again with a new clip that shows all the outstanding visual improvements you can expect.Executive producer, Arnaud Bonnard, walks us through a new 90 second video that shows off a ton of eye candy tricks including depth of field, motion blur, distortion effect, normal mapping, dynamic lighting, shadows and particles.We don’t have an exact release date, but Gameloft has said the game will debut on Android in May. Some were worried that Gameloft might ruin this game by making it a freemium title, but Gameloft has said it will be a paid title, with a retail price around $6.99.Has Gameloft convinced you to buy N.O.V.A. 3 yet? I’ve seen enough to hand over my money

Upvote 0
I'd be more that willing to pay the money IF THEY WOULD FIX THEIR #$*#! COMPATIBILITY LISTS. I'm quite sure my A700 with a Tegra 3 would be quite more capable than my LG Esteem with a single core 1GHz snapdragon

They don't support a whole lot of tablets. It would be nice if they made they're older games compatible with new devices though...

Upvote 0
They just made several games compatible with the Transformer TF300 last week. That includes Asphalt 7 (which I've been playing for several hours the last few days, although it did require a tablet reboot earlier today to fix a crash issue), Dungeon Hunter 3 (been playing it a bit, not impressed by the arena style combat) and according to Google Play also Dark Knight Rises, Spider-Man and at least one or two others (I haven't looked through the full list of Gameloft games).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones