• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G'day fellow Android-ers

Yorik

Apr 7, 2010
AU
Hi

My name is not Yorik, but that is the handle that I go by. I am a Linux System Administrator with extensive experience in all things Linux including working on the test teams for such projects as Freesco and MythTV. I enjoy all things Open Source and quite frankly, hate paying for software. i do however often donate more then an Application might cost to a developer that I believe is providing a quality product or provides good service. This leads me to my love of the Android OS. It is quite simply, the closest thing I can find to what I need in an OS.

I am currently slaving away on a Nokia N95 8GB with a lot of software on it to make it do what I need. I have a HTC Kaiser that I was running a ported Android build on until I let it break my fall at the bottom of a fountain. Needless to say, the phone didn't enjoy the swim.

I run the Android SDK on my computers so that I can keep abreast of the latest software and I often test stability across multiple Android builds as well.

I have been waiting for a phone to surface that has Telstra NextG support and I was dearly hoping the Nexus One would, but was sadly disappointed earlier this year (I became quite pensive in fact.)

Now that the HTC Desire is coming to Telstra, I have pre registered and intend on purchasing out right as soon as I possibly can.

I look forward to contributing where I can to this forum and hopefully providing some Linux PC support to the mix as well for those of us who also choose to run Linux not only on our phones.

See you all around the traps.

Hi

My name is not Yorik, but that is the handle that I go by. I am a Linux System Administrator with extensive experience in all things Linux including working on the test teams for such projects as Freesco and MythTV. I enjoy all things Open Source and quite frankly, hate paying for software. i do however often donate more then an Application might cost to a developer that I believe is providing a quality product or provides good service. This leads me to my love of the Android OS. It is quite simply, the closest thing I can find to what I need in an OS.

I am currently slaving away on a Nokia N95 8GB with a lot of software on it to make it do what I need. I have a HTC Kaiser that I was running a ported Android build on until I let it break my fall at the bottom of a fountain. Needless to say, the phone didn't enjoy the swim.

I run the Android SDK on my computers so that I can keep abreast of the latest software and I often test stability across multiple Android builds as well.

I have been waiting for a phone to surface that has Telstra NextG support and I was dearly hoping the Nexus One would, but was sadly disappointed earlier this year (I became quite pensive in fact.)

Now that the HTC Desire is coming to Telstra, I have pre registered and intend on purchasing out right as soon as I possibly can.

I look forward to contributing where I can to this forum and hopefully providing some Linux PC support to the mix as well for those of us who also choose to run Linux not only on our phones.

See you all around the traps.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones