• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Generic Chinese tablet

sheathro

Lurker
Aug 6, 2013
I have a generic chinese tablet.
What I am trying to is find a better rom for it. I have spent a lot of time trying this without any success.
Here is what I do know it is a A7.
Kernel version
3.0.8-tcc zxp@kf.mid #131
Build number
full_m805_892x_evm-userdebug 4.0.3 eng.zxp.20121228.101433 test-keys

I have already mucked up one which comes up "unfortunately, Launcher has stopped".
The other one I flashed the rom but the touchscreen is not working.
The more I look for a answer the more confused I get. I understand enough to what needs to be done.
Just need to be put on the right track.

I am one guy who buys these things up just to see what can be done with them. i haven't gotten the custom ROM/Recovery part down yet but i did manage to get Google Play Store to run on a pre-rooted one that came rooted out of the box. if you can determine if yours is rooted (download Root Checker somewhere) i can assist you with that one. :)

It's not a very high priority and i need to root the next disposable one as i actually use my Mach Speed Trio, so i don't want to kill it yet, i do have this Android jelly bean Netbook that falls into the same category but didn't come rooted like the rest. so i have to find out what kind of USB driver, what type of root tool i can use on it to get that done before i can test ClockWorkMod/TWRP on it, then attempt a ROM that fits the basic hardware profile of the device.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I have been able to root the tablets, my problem is finding a rom that will work. It's definitely been a fun at times but mostly frustrating.
I can get it to the recovery.
This is what shows up:
reboot system now
apply sdcard: update.zip
apply update from /nand
wipe data / factory reset
wipe cache partition
updated user logo
burn write data
burn hardware information

The last 2 I have no idea what they do and can't seem to find out anything anyway. Any help or advice I can get would be great. I intend to work this out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones