• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get the contacts and calender information from my computer to my phone

c.földes

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
Hello!
I bought my xperia x10 pro one week ago. Before that i had a nokia, I have my contacts and calender information stored on the computer as a backup file. I also got some programs so i can change the filetype from the nokia fileformat to others.

How do i transfeer the information to my phone?

/Christoffer

Sorry if this isn't very helpful. I just had a quick look and I can't find it anywhere. There is an import from another phone option. I used it to import from my old Nokia and had no problem with it at all. I have a feeling I can't find it because it appeared when I first went into Pc companion and so now I've done it, it's disappeared as an option.

Upvote 0
You can certainly sync some phones via the PC Companion and sync option, it takes you to the sign up for sync part of SE website and one of the options on there is for non-SE phones, whether yours is supported tho I don't know. The calendar I'm not so sure about. I think you can sync it into google's calendar and use that on the phone. I guess that if your phone and calendar contacts are the same then you could sync them to the phone from google too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones