• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting a replacement Moment...

unsmart3d

Nov 1, 2009
I brought my phone into the Sprint store because of a small but annoying defect - camera and camcorder apps would be completely black on the screen while running, and I could not see what I was taking a picture of or recording.

It also is exhibiting the "old floor creak" when pressing the left side edge of the touch screen when the phone is closed.

The rep told me that he'd order a new phone and it will be in tomorrow afternoon.

What kind of backup procedures would you guys recommend? I don't have too many apps installed, but I don't want to lose any data or settings. Obviously, most of the data will be restored with the transfer of the SD card. What will I lose?

P.S. What will happen to my progress in Robo Defense? :eek:

not sure about the the "old floor creak" but a "factory data reset" fixed the black camera/camcorder screen for me.

also on the sd card there should be a file "robo_defense_full.bak" or "robo_defense_free.bak" depending on if you have the full version or the trial that contains all of your progress. i never found a good free backup app/method.

Upvote 0
I brought my phone into the Sprint store because of a small but annoying defect - camera and camcorder apps would be completely black on the screen while running, and I could not see what I was taking a picture of or recording.

It also is exhibiting the "old floor creak" when pressing the left side edge of the touch screen when the phone is closed.

The rep told me that he'd order a new phone and it will be in tomorrow afternoon.

What kind of backup procedures would you guys recommend? I don't have too many apps installed, but I don't want to lose any data or settings. Obviously, most of the data will be restored with the transfer of the SD card. What will I lose?

P.S. What will happen to my progress in Robo Defense? :eek:

the camcorder and camera do that over a certain app you had installed most likely a 3rd party app for changing brightness thats the #1 culprit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones