• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting an Evo and want to know if this theme is possible.

android91

Nov 29, 2010
Hi,

I'm buying an evo within the next three days and am going to customize it as soon as I get it. I do not want to install a custom rom as I live in a 4G area and I am going to be taking advantage of the speeds. I am, however willing to do a stock root.

What would I need to make my phone look like this in terms of icons?

ZKl0O.jpg

Also, I know ADW allows you to have a transparent app drawer background (the black makes the entire OS seem so primitive to me). Would I be able to use these icons, while also using ADW?

CAP201005271449.jpg

In addition, will doing this lag my evo? How about with a stock live wall paper installed? Battery life?

Thanks in Advance.

Yea you can set something like that on the evo. As long as you can get the icons you can set it. I forgot the widget, but its on the market. Plus-to start themeing the dock,slide up on the start-up dock.also it won't lag it, neither should live wallpapers, but the lwp will hit you battery, but not much. Also-some other sweet non-root home replacements are windows phone android, launcherpro ,Home++, twlauncher, and tag home.

Reactions: android91
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones