• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting documents from PC to Dinc

Smudgie

Apr 5, 2010
I have several word documents and a spreadsheet or two that are on my PC that I would like to transfer onto my dinc. I would like to view, edit, save changes to these documents and then transfer the edited document back to my PC. I am guessing that I need to purchase a program like documents to go. How do I get the documents currently saved on my PC on to the Dinc? Can I just connect it to the PC and then drag and drop them from the PC into my dinc?

You can plug your Inc into your PC via the micro usb cable. Upon connecting the device, your PC should automatically detect your microSD card and, depending on Windows version, give you options on how you want to view the storage (one of them is "open to view contents" or something like that).

Then you can drag and drop your files onto the SD card. I suggest making a directory first so you can keep your files organized. Also, I suggest you get a file manager, like Astro File Manager (search Astro on the market). Basically the file manager will allow you to look into your SD card on your phone.

There's an app called Quickoffice (i can't remember if this comes stock on Inc or not) that will allow the viewing of word documents and other typed documents, however it is not able to edit files. You'll need to check the Market for something that could handle file modifications.

Edit: there are a few apps that act as Office suites, however they are paid apps. If anyone knows of a freebee available, I'd be interested too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones