• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting my BT Headset to use Voice Command

Hey guys. I bought a set of Motorola MotoROKR S305 Bluetooth Headphones this weekend. (A must have as they look like headphones and are comfortable rather than some idiotic thing that hangs on your ear that isn't comfortable.)

The headphones work with both Last.FM and Pandora. However there is one feature that I can seem to get them to do: Voice dialing. When I hold down the phone button, it connects to voice mail (something I'm not interested in). When I tap the phone button, it doesn't nothing but make bluetoothy noises.

I want to use them to do voice dialing or better yet use a couple of the Eyes-Free Project programs that use my Motorola Droid's voice command capabilities and text-to-speech support.

How do I get my headphones to support voice command? (And yes, it does have a microphone on it.)

Just a follow up to my previous post.

I spoke with someone at Verizon yesterday who was very gracious when he apologized to me when he told me that the headset can't do that yet because of the Droid's Bluetooth features still have some issues. (Yet another reason to look forward to Android 2.1 when it comes to the Droid, eventually.) I understood why he apologized and countered that it wasn't his fault and that I am a patient person and would wait for such features to become available which they should in the foreseeable future.

I'm still keeping the headset considering they are very good and do just about everything else I need them to do.

Still, if anyone with the technical skills and the impatience to share any hack that could do these things until Motorola releases something official, feel free to post it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones