• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting photos from phone to computer easily

mali328

Nov 18, 2011
Is there an app or way to get all of my photos or a big chunk of them from my phone (sd card) to my computer besides emailing them all separately? I have a Mac if that matters. I attempted Dropbox, but I don't really understand it, so if you have another way (or how to use dropbox) please let me know.

Also, I don't know if this should be another topic, but how do I find my pictures in "My Files" on my phone? I've looked through everything on there and can't find them, in my camera settings it says they're saved to my SD card, but they're not under that.

Thanks!

Your pictures from your camera are stored in a folder called DCIM its in the main directory on your internal sd. Then in that folder is another folder called camera.

The easiest way to get them on your computer from your phone is to connect your phone via USB then select mass storage when your given the choice on your phone. Then just go through the files in your phone, it should pop up on your computer. Find the files under DCIM> camera, then just drag and drop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones