• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GIF issues

Gentix

Lurker
Jul 3, 2015
Hello there! This is my first time posting on these forums so hopefully this should work out fine.

Anyway, as the title suggests, I'm having trouble with GIFs, specifically the ones stored on my phone. For the longest time, I've been able to view GIFs from the Gallery. However, at some point or another, this stopped working. Whenever I try to view a GIF from my Gallery now, it shows me the very first frame of it for a split second before I end up with a black screen. I've attempted this with multiple GIFs but they all end up the same way.

I've tried Googling for solutions but haven't found anything. Does anyone know a fix for this?
(I hope I'm using the correct prefix for this, haha.)

Edit: It seems that my thread duplicated for some odd reason..

Native gallery apps often tend to be rather weak and many have lost GIF animation on updates or simply never had it.

Check out "QuickPic Gallery"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder
Ahh, fair enough. I had a feeling that the gifs got messed up due to updates x_x I was thinking that a new update could fix it, but I might as well get an app (such as the one you suggested) just to stay safe.
(By the way, love the Bebop ya got going there!)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones