• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread Ej06 and Fe16

Rarewolf

Android Expert
Jan 11, 2012
CaliFornia, Azusa
so i was on Fe16 for quite some time.. it had its pros and its cons like any other rom.
now im on Ej06... wanted to install the wifi infrastructure app.. (epic fail, not even Pda was working after that)

so back to my thing..
in my Opinion, i feel like Fe16 had better 3G service.. does anyone beg to differ?
or do they still feel like Ej06 had a great baseband?

I had the best experiences overall with FE16 and EJ06. FA19 was horrible in my area. I think that's the main thing to remember too, it all depends on your area, the towers and their equipment. I live where I can see my tower in the winter (when the tress are all dead looking) and FA19 BARELY got a signal whereas EJ06 Never really had less than 3 bars (On CTMod) and FE16 usually runs strong but occasionally drops signal for a couple seconds before it pops back on.

I can confidently say that I have definitely had the best 3g speeds from EJ06 but I also haven't retweaked my phone since my last reinstall of ctmod which was right after I updated to FE16.

Upvote 0
I had the best experiences overall with FE16 and EJ06. FA19 was horrible in my area. I think that's the main thing to remember too, it all depends on your area, the towers and their equipment. I live where I can see my tower in the winter (when the tress are all dead looking) and FA19 BARELY got a signal whereas EJ06 Never really had less than 3 bars (On CTMod) and FE16 usually runs strong but occasionally drops signal for a couple seconds before it pops back on.

I can confidently say that I have definitely had the best 3g speeds from EJ06 but I also haven't retweaked my phone since my last reinstall of ctmod which was right after I updated to FE16.

have you tried the FE19 the newest it works great for me i think it is FE19 or FF19 cant remember atm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones