• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread keyboard on N1

HyperM3

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
Anyone download the apk for the Gingerbread keyboard to their N1 yet? I found the links for 2.2 and 2.1 on droid life. Dont need to be rooted either. If I cant get full 2.3 I might as well try to get bits of it right?

FWIW, I like this new keyboard a lot better than the OEM keyboard. For some reason the buttons accept where I hit them more accurately. I definitely type faster with the new keyboard.

Heres the link btw: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/12/17/download-gingerbread-keyboard-for-all-devices/

Reactions: Mostly Harmless
I think the accuracy comes from the keys being smaller and having more space between keys. You have to hit the key right on but it provides less miss types. The iPhone keyboard is laid out the same way. I can't wait to use it over the next few days to see how I like it (currently using swiftkey and love the new hi res keyboard). Works great, thanks hyper!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones