1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

GingerVillain Updates??

1. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Just a quick question guys... I always remember GingerVillain getting a ROM update once a week but I havent had one for ages :confused:

Is this to do with my phone do you think or has nobody got updates? If so, any ideas why? :confused:

Cheers :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

wrong place to post, this should be in the root section.

also have patience its only been 2 weeks. why update it for the sake of updating if there is nothing worth updating it for?
  3. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

ok cheers. i was just wondering
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Didn't he upload 2.3 but not post the link as he is testing it? Sure Hadron is on 2.3

Just go to his download site and check. You can work the location out from the first post with the link in it.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes, it's been available for test via xda.richardtrip.org for a few days. I expect it will be posted via Villain Setup soon, whenever Richard is happy with it and has the time.
  6. Hadron

P.S. this is the second time recently that an update was posted before release in this way, but this time Richard explicitly told people in the xda thread to go ahead and test it if they wanted to. The first time most held back until it was official.
  7. Kibbster

Kibbster Well-Known Member

I think Richard has been busy with real life for a bit, hence no release for a couple of weeks.
    As said though 2.3 is available.

The guy doing Redux has exams so not many updates for a while I guess.
    But Redux works great so not worried about updates.
  8. SUroot

Indeed. No huge rush here.
  9. Hadron

Ah, but with GV 2.3 the charging light doesn't turn green until you reach 100%! Very important update :D
  10. SUroot

Thats actually amazing. Its not done that ever. Not even Defrost!
  11. Kibbster

Argh.... Just Gingerbread LEDs in general.
    Only ever seemed to have LEDs working perfectly with no glitches in Sense ROMs.
  12. Rastaman-FB

tbh i dont care about leds. they serve me little purpose
  13. SUroot

The LED is so small on the desire compared to my blackberry that the LED's in different colours serve little purpose. Its nice to know I have an SMS when I'm at work in silent mode or away from my phone when it arrives (and be able to identify it from an e-mail without looking at the screen) but its so small, it barely even catches my attention anyway.
  14. Rastaman-FB

my phones always in my pocket. i take it out when it vibrates
  15. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

2.3 is now available via the villain setup app
  16. Kibbster

That's why I would like working LEDs, often I'm in silent mode at work and can't spend time messing with my phone so LEDs are handy.
    My LEDs seem to work (sometimes) unless the phone is plugged in and charging.
  17. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

cheers guys :) and yeah I love the fact that the LED actually goes green at 100% now. That's something I missed from the stock Sense ROM
  18. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

Love it! :)
  19. Hadron

Well for those too impatient to wait for Villain Setup, GV2.4 is now available for download from xda.richardtrip.org.

This week's bonus is that ROM Manager has been removed :D

Edit: oh, yeah, and a possible delay fix (can't comment yet)
  20. Kibbster

About bloody time! :D
  21. Rastaman-FB

well i removed it from every rom anyway but its good that hes no longer bundling that redundant trouble causer