• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Girlfriend accidentally cleared WhatsApp chat

Hibernian

Lurker
Mar 24, 2023
So my girlfriend accidently cleared our chat going back to October on her phone. Is there a way to export my chat with her back over to her? I exported my chat to her but I don't know what to do next.

Here's a screenshot of what comes up (plus a bunch of images from the chat excluded):

iMarkup_20230405_194625.jpg

I would like to fix this for her, because she lives in the UK and her and I are trying to get her US citizenship and the USCIS is going to want to see those chats as proof so while I have the originals on my phone, she doesn't aside from what I sent in the above image which I exported to her.

Any help or suggestions but be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

USCIS is going to want to see those chats as proof
So, the government wants to see your privite messages with your girlfriend. That's creepy! You should think twice before allowing them to see those messages. For one thing, maybe you or your girlfriend confessed to something you didn't know was a crime in one of those messages.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
So, the government wants to see your privite messages with your girlfriend. That's creepy! You should think twice before allowing them to see those messages. For one thing, maybe you or your girlfriend confessed to something you didn't know was a crime in one of those messages.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Three years ago I was in Ireland and a Filipino friend wanted to join me, who was coming in from China. When she got to the immigration counter at Dublin Airport, Irish Immigration took her into a room, and they demanded to see everything on her phone, all chats and messages, emails, etc. And in the end they actually refused her entry, despite having the correct Irish visa for the short stay, and we appealed in court as well. Myself been British, I don't even need a passport to visit and stay in Ireland. America on the other hand, that's a different story.

Unfortunately I can't help the OP with transferring message data from one WhatsApp account to another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When she got to the immigration counter at Dublin Airport, Irish Immigration took her into a room, and they demanded to see everything on her phone, all chats and messages, emails, etc.
I would consider it a betrayal of my trust, if a friend of mine showed all the messages I had ever sent him to some stranger at an airport.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
I would consider it a betrayal of my trust, if a friend of mine showed all the messages I had ever sent him to some stranger at an airport.

Well the "stranger" in this case was an immigration officer(a government spook). And if you didn't do you what they ordered, that's it....bye, bye...and don't come back. With "ADMISSION REFUSED" stamped in the passport. Or worse. In my Filipino friend's case, they found a load of emailed job applications for Ireland, and elsewhere in Europe. Despite then fact she genuinely only wanted a short stay of two weeks for tourism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well the "stranger" in this case was an immigration officer(a government spook).
That makes it worse, not better!
And if you didn't do you what they ordered, that's it....bye, bye...and don't come back.
If some country demands that tourists hand over that kind of information, they clearly don't want your money. Take your business elsewhere and vacation in another country.
Or worse.
Hence why that makes it worse, not better.

Anyway: If I can't trust our private talks to be private, then I can't speak freely with you.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
That makes it worse, not better!

If some country demands that tourists hand over that kind of information, they clearly don't want your money. Take your business elsewhere and vacation in another country.

I had some strange happenings with the Homeland Security and TSA last time I visited America. Like been unable to pay for flights using my credit card, and a lot of excessive questioning at airport security. And I haven't been back since.

Hence why that makes it worse, not better.

Anyway: If I can't trust our private talks to be private, then I can't speak freely with you.

OT:

Well WhatsApp is Facebook(Meta inc), so I'm thinking nothing on there is going to be truly private and away from govt spooks(strangers) anyway....

PRISM_Collection_Details.jpg

If you're communicating via Wechat or TikTok, those have absolutely no privacy at all.
If really want true privacy and want to talk freely about anything you like, just don't put it on the interwebs, end of.

P&CA:

Apparently you've got this RESTRICT ACT bill coming up now, which from what I've read will make it a criminal offence to use a VPN in the US. This is exactly what the law is here in China, i.e. using a VPN can get you jail time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones