• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gmail contacts not working properly

hello101

Aug 30, 2010
I would be greatful for any help!
I have linked my phone to my gmail account.

The account contains 120 contacts. However, on my phone it states that Google contains 240 contacts.

This means on my phone, although there are no duplicate names, each name has the same number twice.

I cant get rid of this at all.

Please help

I would be greatful for any help!
I have linked my phone to my gmail account.

The account contains 120 contacts. However, on my phone it states that Google contains 240 contacts.

This means on my phone, although there are no duplicate names, each name has the same number twice.

I cant get rid of this at all.

Please help

You could try exporting your gmail contacts on your computer to csv on computer and deleting the 2nd numbers.

If that works, turn of contact sync on the phone, go setting>applications>manage applications and clear the data under "contact storage"

Then delete your gmail contacts from a computer, reimport your new contacts and set the phone up to sync again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones