Gmail in Outbox

Last Updated: 2013-07-19 20:35:20
  1. futurepro62

futurepro62 Member

I've searched the internet a lot and non of the solutions have worked for me. I have an email stuck in the gmail app's outbox. I've tried wifi and 4G but neither work. Restarted my phone and it is still stuck in the outbox.

I've heard that going to application manager and clearing gmail's data will work but I don't have gmail in my application manager :confused:

Damn I love android and all it can do but I remember why I switched from the original droid to iphone. iPhone just works with this stuff...

Advertisement
  2. Rocco2012

Rocco2012 Well-Known Member

Check again. Gmail has to be in the app manager. Worst case. Uninstall and re install Gmail.
  3. futurepro62

futurepro62 Member

Nope it goes from gallery to Google keyboard in application manager. How do I uninstall gmail if it is not here? There isn't an option in Google play store to uninstall it.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I dont really understand tbh mate. How do you know theres a message in the outbox folder?
  5. Kaat72

Kaat72 Take a deep breath Guide

Hi! :D
    Please check whether the email arrived where it was supposed to go. It might be a ghost duplicate in your outbox.

Where are you seaching for the app?
    A. Go to settings/application manager/all
    B. Open the gmail app, tap menu down under (left from the hardware button), go to settings and delete your account.
    dustwun77, funkylogik and futurepro62 like this.
  6. futurepro62

futurepro62 Member

My problem was that the message that I sent is stuck in the outbox folder of the gmail app with red lettering saying "sending..." but it obviously isn't because it's been an hour now.

Thanks Kaat don't know why I didn't look into the all section of application manager :pound: found gmail there and cleared data and the message was able to send no problem.

Still bothers me that I even have to do that, I'm only sending an email after all. It wasn't a ghost duplicate either, the message was stuck in space somewhere haha.
    funkylogik and Kaat72 like this.
  7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Gmail is in the process of being updated, it probably got 'stuck' because of that. It's not a typical thing to have happen, I think I've only seen it twice in almost four years of using Android.
    funkylogik likes this.
  8. futurepro62

futurepro62 Member

Ok I did see an update message after reopening gmail. Hopefully that was the only problem.
  9. funkylogik

Glad its fixed man. So why arent keyboard and gallery under the ALL tab? (Not that it matters now lol) :beer:
  10. futurepro62

futurepro62 Member

They are, I was looking under the downloaded tab previously. Completely oblivious to my own stupidity haha
  11. funkylogik

Lol not stupidity mate... new knowledge gained that can be passed on to others. Thats the android way :beer::D
    dustwun77 likes this.
  12. Kaat72

Kaat72 Take a deep breath Guide

We all started with questions, no problem. Never stop asking. That's what this forum is for. Or better, try our Search before asking ;)
    dustwun77 likes this.
  13. funkylogik

I still ask a load of questions and people are always happy to answer them. Try that on one of jthe other big android forum sites lol ;)