• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail not syncing

I have a Samsung Intercept and all of a sudden I am having problems keeping gmail synced up right.

Sometimes it won't sync at all - even when I force a refresh it won't find new messages I know are in my inbox. Sometimes when I refresh it will figure out that I have, say, 8 new messages in my inbox, but they won't show up, just the number of them.

I read some support threads here and checked my accounts & sync settings, and gmail is on.

Any other ideas?

have you checked in settings -> accounts & sync settings .. to make sure everything is setup properly? I remember experiencing this issue as well and I had some sort of data thing disabled so it wasn't checking for updates like it should. may have been the 'background data' thing was unticked.. but I was thinking it was something else. not sure.

if that doesn't fix your problem... do you have a task killer app installed? try uninstalling that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones