1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

GMail Notifications in status barSupport

1. jonmwood

jonmwood Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I have a quick question for all you note 2 users that are using GMail as your main email app.

When you receive a new email while you're using your phone, does it tell you the sender's name AND SUBJECT TEXT, BODY TEXT?
    I'm more concerned about the subject text/body text because when I receive a new email all I see is who it is from. Is this the default? Can subject text/body text be enabled/disabled somewhere? I wonder if I hit something I shouldn't have on accident.

My current notification settings for my account are:

Email notifications CHECKED
    Ringtone (enabled)
    Vibrate (always)
    Notify once CHECKED

Thanks for all the help!

Advertisement
  2. jonmwood

bump. can anyone help?
  3. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

Just sent myself an email from my work, and on my phone in the notification bar it shows name, subject and body of the text.
    jonmwood likes this.
  4. jonmwood

ah thanks!! crap I gotta figure this out. Anything in your settings that you've seen about enabling/disabling?
  5. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

Looks like when I get more then 1 email at the same time it only shows name/subject and takes out the body of the email.
    jonmwood likes this.
  6. jonmwood

Alright thanks for the update. I've been searching every nook and cranny of menu settings for android and gmail but not sure what I might've selected or unselected.