• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Status bar notifications

neighner

Nov 17, 2020
I am using a Pixel 6. When I get an email, text, FB message...anything really, it drops down for a few seconds and then goes away. There are no longer little icons in the status bar showing me that I have an unread text. So for example, if I'm on FB and I look up for a few seconds and during that time I get a text and the drop down notification goes away before I look back down, I have no idea that I just missed a text. It used to work. I was using Do Not Disturb for a little while but then I turned that off once I read that might be the cause. Still no change. It got the March update yesterday but this was happening before that. The picture shows all I see and then that goes away

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230401-081318~2.png
    Screenshot_20230401-081318~2.png
    723.7 KB · Views: 127
My phone setting is the same. I think it's the locked on position. I wish I had a better answer for you or maybe someone else here will.

I noticed on your screenshot you have that black bar at the bottom. I don't have that black bar on my phone in setting notifications

Reboot your phone ?
Yeah I have already rebooted it. And that bar is an app called Navigation Bar that let me put the back button on the right like I'm used to.

Upvote 0
No, no idea why this is happening.

But I'd look at your general Notifications settings, not "Phone". "Phone" just means the phone app, so settings there won't affect notifications from any other app.

Specifically I'd look in Settings > Notifications and check whether they are set to "Brief" or "Detailed": I've only ever used "Detailed", so don't know whether "Brief" does anything other than make the initial message shorter. And under Advanced I'd check whether "floating notifications" is on or off: again, I've never tried anything other than "off", so it might be that this also changes the behaviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones