• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restore status bar to home screen

tdp

Lurker
Apr 11, 2023
I have a Samsung S10e/Android 12. The status bar used to show at the top of the home screen all the time. Since the most recent update, you now have to pull down to see the status bar. Any way to restore its showing all the time?

Or wipe the cache partition (from recovery mode, if the option exists for this phone, and only cache, nothing else).

Is it like this all the time, or only on the home screens? I'm going to assume the latter for the moment.

Are you using a third party launcher, as some of those have the option to hide the status bar. I don't think the stock Samsung launcher does (I don't use it, but searching my phone's settings for "status" produces nothing relevant).

I'm pretty sure this isn't normal for Samsung's version of Android 12, though as I use Nova launcher instead of Samsung's thing I'm not expert in Samsung launcher settings.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones