• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Not in the Gmail client. You can delete the Spam folder using the default email app, but I don't know what GMail will do with spam after that.

If you're worried about the expense of downloading all that spam, set your phone to only download email on wifi connections.

You're right, though - there should be a "don't sync Spam folder" somewhere.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. It's not the expense (already have my phone set as you suggest). It's that I don't want to see the stuff. Haven't thought about deleting the spam folder...will give that a try and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Not in the Gmail client. You can delete the Spam folder using the default email app, but I don't know what GMail will do with spam after that.

If you're worried about the expense of downloading all that spam, set your phone to only download email on wifi connections.

You're right, though - there should be a "don't sync Spam folder" somewhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones