• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

go check your local at&t store

ya it is, for some reason it doesnt seem to connect all the way in and it kinda flops out if ur holding it a certain way.

ill mess with it some more

*EDIT
ok im an idiot, turns out the door that covers the mini usb slot didnt slide all the way open, kinda have to force it a lil more to open it all the way. charge now fits like a glove

Good to know that this was human error and not a device flaw.

Post some night or low light shots from the phone...please.

By the way the Captivate does not have a mini USB slot. Its a micro. I learned to pay attention to this when I grabbed a BB Storm2 from work, had probably 20 mini USB cables and could not charge the device.

Upvote 0
i tried the night mode setting and it helped a lil but still bit too dark

When i had first asked about how much it would cost off contract they told me prolly $150 more than the contract price, but that they would have to check. I am pretty sure they did check and said it was $349 which is 150+199

Upvote 0
Instead of making a new thread this is somewhat relevant I suppose.

For a new android/smartphone user, what should I look for when testing the device in stores before I purchase it? Im probably going to be purchasing the phone ASAP regardless but Im just curious if I should be testing it in a certain way? Thanks

Upvote 0
I just checked my store in Culver City, Los Angeles, CA. No Captivate. Guy checked in the back, then said that they don't have it and even if they did, they can't sell it until Sunday. He also couldn't tell me the off-contract price because he said that he has not received a press release for the phone yet.

I am going to buy an iphone 4, on contract, sell it for $800, and use the cash to buy a captivate, and have $450 leftover.

This is all assuming the off-contract price really is $350, which still sounds too good to be true. Anyone else have this same plan?

Upvote 0
with all the problems with IP4 is it still selling? How sure are you that someone will buy it from you for 800 dollars? i just get it under contract if i can. I thought of that too but too much hassle to sell the iphone.

You must have not been on EBay lately. People are still buying the iPhone 4 for $700-$800....lol, I say take advantage of the mindless souls lol.

Upvote 0
Jo
I just checked my store in Culver City, Los Angeles, CA. No Captivate. Guy checked in the back, then said that they don't have it and even if they did, they can't sell it until Sunday. He also couldn't tell me the off-contract price because he said that he has not received a press release for the phone yet.

I am going to buy an iphone 4, on contract, sell it for $800, and use the cash to buy a captivate, and have $450 leftover.

This is all assuming the off-contract price really is $350, which still sounds too good to be true. Anyone else have this same plan?

Smells like bad math to me...

Upvote 0
well considering at&t's warehouse for their phones is located in texas.... i am not surprised that people in texas are starting to get them... it sucks for us people who live on the other side of the country.. we'll have to wait for shipments... and those of us like me who live near the coast.. probably won't see anything until the 18th or 19th unless we are lucky :( i hope im wrong

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones