• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go SMS Emoticons

This issue is doing my head in.

I gave GO SMS a shot as I was tired of the "bloat" Handcent was turning into, and I really liked it.

A couple of updates later, and emoticons/smileys have disappeared completely from the menu's.

I have posted on the dev's site, GO SMS, so we'll see what happens. I'm sure its not an intentional omission, but I'll not wait forever for them to fix it.

Reactions: TheIgster
Upvote 0
Dev has replied:

When typing a text, there is a paperclip icon on the left of the input box ... click it, and "Smiley" is at the top of a long list :D

I'm annoyed it was this simple, annoyed at myself for missing this completely. My brain has been hard-wired with previous phones that this particular icon signifies the "adding of an attachment", turning a text into an MMS. I never thought to click it.

Go SMS uses the paperclip to "add" just about anything.

Hope this helps :cool:

GO GO Go SMS :D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones