Good app for mapping my running?Support

Last Updated:

1. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so here's the deal guys and gals, I am trying to have my phone assist me with my running. There are plenty of apps that will track my run via gps if I bring my phone on the run with me, but I don't wanna do that.

I want to be able to map a course out, enter how long it took me, save the map and even share it with friends. Ideally the app would have the gps running features I mentioned above just on case I ever do start bringing my phone with me.

Here is an example of what I mean in website form (unfortunately they make a sweet app for the iphone but their android version is pretty awful right now.
    MapMyRun.com -

Advertisement
  2. JFRAN

JFRAN Member

I recommend RunKeeper - allows manual entry as you mention above and integrates w/ Facebook/twitter. Lots of DX reviewers said they had problems integrating w facebook but I guess they are just stupid because it worked fine for me (Droid X)

3. jfint

jfint Well-Known Member

my tracks

4. edhgreatone

edhgreatone Well-Known Member

my tracks... super reliable, great data, doesn't eat your battery, you can view tracks online, data, progress, ect... and best of all it's made by google

5. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Again, I appreciate the suggestion but I already tried that one out. I'm sure it does everything you say, but the functionality that I need is to map out a running course ahead of time, and get all the stats on it. I'll refer you to mapmyrun.com for an example of what I want in app form.

My Tracks is just another app that records your course as you run with your phone. I don't want my phone with me, but I do want it to tell me where I can run from any given destination I decide to start from.