• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

good bye optimus m....

donmeca2020

Dec 17, 2010
Hollywood, Florida
it seems this is good bye for my optimus M and Metro pcs for me. i thought it out for awhile, and i weighed out the good and bad with keeping this phone and staying on metro pcs.

i just decided the hell with it, i was tired of the crappy not being able to receive and dl pictures via text. i hated how i could barely go on the internet via the phone on the optimus M. I guess really it wasnt the phone's fault but metro pcs service.

I ended up taking the leap and purchasing a brand new galaxy S3 and joined T mobile. i got tired of having an out of date OS, i cant wait for ICS and ll the new features ill enjoy with this new bad boy !!!

Guys on the optimus M sub forum, I thank all you very much for all the info and tips, i definetly learned alot. i will still frequent the android forums only now i'll be in the S3 sub forum. Once again thanks guys !!!

I have 3. 2 working and one stuck in safe mode (safe mode watermark in lower left corner of screen) It was taken apart before i got it, but looks like maybe a lcd change, idk. But it won't boot normally unless all four hard keys at bottom are pressed.

Also the button's on the board seemed to be switched (Menu is Search, and Search is Menu). Odd. Didnt find much info on the issue and no reset will get rid of it. Got it stock one time using QPST and installed Superuser but no other try has got the device to restore to factory settings. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I have 3. 2 working and one stuck in safe mode (safe mode watermark in lower left corner of screen) It was taken apart before i got it, but looks like maybe a lcd change, idk. But it won't boot normally unless all four hard keys at bottom are pressed.

Also the button's on the board seemed to be switched (Menu is Search, and Search is Menu). Odd. Didnt find much info on the issue and no reset will get rid of it. Got it stock one time using QPST and installed Superuser but no other try has got the device to restore to factory settings. Any thoughts?

I know you can see the buttons in build.prop but I am not sure if you are allowed to edit them such as using root explorer and opening it with text editor. I have never tried it, maybe you wanna give it a go?;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones