• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Good Samsung Fascinate Cases

I have this case and absolutely love it.

Yeas absolutly. For now I only have a pic with it off the phone, but Ill make sure to get one on the phone later.

2010-09-24182610.jpg

Upvote 0
The kickstand case is awesome! It is very slim, and it protects the front screen just enough that laying the phone face down does not lay it on the screen. The kickstand is one of those features I never knew I wanted until I saw it in action - now I use it all the time! I have a discount through my employer so it was ~$15.

Thanks go to RedRaptor for bringing it to my attention!

Upvote 0
I have the kickstand/grenade case also, and I love it. It makes the phone feel so much better in my hand, and a lot less slippery. The only time I dropped the phone was when it slipped out of my hand without that case on.

I also have to agree, it would be nice to find a replacement back cover with more grip. I stopped using my samsung dock because i got tired of constantly having to take my case off.

Where do your get that 25% off promo code for the accessories?

Not sure about the other guy, but I got 25% off on mine because i bought it as well as the dock when i bought my phone.

Upvote 0
honestly? I think the kickstand case is UGLY. but, like everyone else, I want tp protect my phone. I originally bought a hard case on ebay, it fit fine- and did not cover anything it shouldn't... but it did make certain functions a little harader to do- like pulling down the notification bar, or hitting the home, back, and menu buttons (i never use the search button)

so, I replaced it. another case, also found on ebay, also hard, and very slim, also all of 4 dollars. only this one leaves the entire front face uncovered, like the silicone ones do. just frames it. much nicer for me.

Now, I also was getting jealous of the kick stand, though... but only for at home on my desk while the phone is plugged in. not interested in the docks, cause I dopn't like the look ofthe dock screen, nor do I want to take my case off.

so, I found a little S shaped stand, for all of a dollar including shipping (though its not here yet- slow shipping for sure, but this cheap and from china- what can I expect?) which is made for the iphone.... but should work just fine with the fascinate. it will prop up the phone so I can glance up for the time, or to activate an app, watch a video, etc, without getting in the way of function, and is small and portable to boot.

when I am out i don't care about propping the phone up...

now all i need to do is find a universal car mount, and I'm set.

Upvote 0
The OEM kickstand case seems to have a bad design IMO. The reason I say this is when you watch a movie the volume rocker is at the bottom and not easily accessible. Watching video is the point of the kickstand so why hide the volume controls at the bottom? This was the first thing I noticed when I saw the case at Verizon.

Upvote 0
The OEM kickstand case seems to have a bad design IMO. The reason I say this is when you watch a movie the volume rocker is at the bottom and not easily accessible. Watching video is the point of the kickstand so why hide the volume controls at the bottom? This was the first thing I noticed when I saw the case at Verizon.

I'd have to disagree. You can use the on screen volume control in that case. If it were reversed, the the power/wake button would be at the bottom making it hard to use as a desk clock. If the screen goes out, you can tap the top. If you use no lock and LPP like I do, you get landscape mode and no lock screen. Works great IMO. Also, the power connection is near the bottom edge when using it with the kickstand.

The only thing I don't care for are the grids on the back, but I guess that helps with gripping the case better. I would rather a matte finish on the back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones