• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Apps corporate email setup

Apache

Apr 29, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
Having serious issues setting up Google Apps corporate email on my DX. POP and SMTP settings, email add, password all checked and rechecked for accuracy. Still no dice.

Am being told by Google Apps support that I need to hard reset the device, setup corporate Google Apps email first, and then reinstall and re-setup everything else. This seems like a hail mary approach to me, and one that I'm still not sure is going to work.

Anyone encounter this and/or have a fix? Many thanks,

Anyone using Touchdown to do this successfully?

I tried Touchdown after having two problems acknowledged by Verizon support. My phone is brand new and was used 45 minutes and for one phone call prior to the 2.2 update.

A response from Nitro Desk (Touchdown) was fast and informative.

The included ActiveSync app worked but has no task/todo but had bigger problem of not being able to edit any calendar entry not made by the phone or modified by desktop, OWA or other user. With Touchdown calendar entries don't have that problem.

My other problem is the pop/imap client assumes SMTP authentication and my hosting firm does not have it. Verizon said their own and Motorola documentation also shows that you can't delete the user info in outgoing mail settings and have it stick.

Thus, it leaves me with no consolidated in box and hopping between apps to have what works in flawless manner on my Blackberry.

So far I am giving the phone high marks for toy factor and poor marks for tool factor but I think it's only Blackberry and business users who might fully appreciate that.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones