• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar and multiple calendars

declanh

Apr 3, 2010
I have two calendars on google calendar (set up via web version).
One is for recurring birthdays/events and the other is for everything else.

Both show up and are coloured differently as expected on web version of calendar.

Despite having both calendars set to show only the everthing else one shows in the android google calendar app. If i clear all data in the app and enable the birthdays one first it does show - but then when i add the other events cal the birthdays one disappears and i cant make it reappear (even by switching off the everyday events one).

This sounds like a bug unless im being stupid - but there are precious few settings on android for this.

Anyone else experienced this and have a fix/workaround ?

I don't use the android calendar since it seems too flaky for me. I looked at events in the next month and they weren't updated. It seemed I had to refresh each day individually to get it right. I do use the Google online calendar - I have 4 set up, 1 for each family member. I access them through the browser, and bookmark Google calendar. It seems to work better than the androit app on the phone.

Upvote 0
I don't think a third party app will help, as the ones I know (including Jorte, which I love) look up the native calendar to display events. I have two calendars (birthdays/events and one for "everything else"), and they both appear in the native cal, as well as Jorte. I still have a problem though: New events that I add to a contact, or a newly added contact's birthday etc. only appear on the online Google calendar, but not on the phone. Removing and re-adding calendars, or restarting the phone do not help.

Upvote 0
I have 4 calendars setup in google and all show up in the HTC together with calendars from other websites such as facebook. I am using the default HTC calendar app. Menu->more-> calendars lets you choose which calendars will show.

I have two calendars on google calendar (set up via web version).
One is for recurring birthdays/events and the other is for everything else.

Both show up and are coloured differently as expected on web version of calendar.

Despite having both calendars set to show only the everthing else one shows in the android google calendar app. If i clear all data in the app and enable the birthdays one first it does show - but then when i add the other events cal the birthdays one disappears and i cant make it reappear (even by switching off the everyday events one).

This sounds like a bug unless im being stupid - but there are precious few settings on android for this.

Anyone else experienced this and have a fix/workaround ?

Upvote 0
I have 4 calendars setup in google and all show up in the HTC together with calendars from other websites such as facebook. I am using the default HTC calendar app. Menu->more-> calendars lets you choose which calendars will show.
Yep, thats what I am doing.... however the birthdays calendar wont show events when selected.
Only way i can get it to show events is to delete all calendars and add it first. It then shows the events until i add second calendar and then they disappear again.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Not sure if this will fix your problem but the same thing was happening to me and this fixed it:

Go into your Google Calendar Settings (in the web browser) and select "Export Calendars" (Calendar Settings->Calendars). This will give you a zip file with all your calendars in separate .ical files. Copy the calendars you want to your phone and import them into the phones calendar (browsing to the ical files and selecting them in the basic file manager worked for this). Once the calendars were initially imported into the phone calendar I was able to sync new events both ways :D

Hope this helps someone out there! It was driving me cracked for ages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones