• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Chrome Beta for ICS

Love the chrome to mobile ability of sending a page from my desktop to my GN.

Does anyone know if you can save a page for offline viewing. I generally do this with flight boarding passes in case I lose data connection when I'm boarding my flight. The stock browser can save a page but has this stupidly annoying habit of reloading the page every time I bring it up which completely defeats the purpose of it being offline viewable.

Upvote 0
i just downloaded it, and the first thing I noticed before even opening up the app was that it added it's own "quick search bar" ontop of my home screen. So not only would i have the quick search bar that is labeled "Google" (the default one) On top of that and aligned slightly higher is the new search bar.

Did anyone else experience this? If so how do i remove it?! had to uninstall chrome to fix it. I'm running Nova Launcher if that helps

Mine didn't put it. Are you saying it didn't work to press and hold, and drag it to the trashcan like a widget?

Upvote 0
BIG BIG issue for me.
No way to exit with continuously hitting the back key.
With Dolphin HD you can gesture or hit menu/exit at any time now matter how deep you are.

What do you mean "exit?" Sorry if I'm being stupid, but if I want to stop using the browser I just hit the home key. If I want the app out of the multitasker I just hit the window key and swipe it away.

Upvote 0
Anybody figure out how to set a home page? I must be missing something...

No but it honors your Android Bookmark widget. So if it's important to you that every session start on the same page, you should put a widget for that page on your desktop. Same exact thing would happen as touching the Chrome icon and going to a home page.

I tend to use 5 or 6 sites more than any other, so for me it's fine if they just stay there as tabs in Chrome Android. And I use the Bookmark Widget that is 3x3 (and is keyed to the bookmarks in your Bookmarks Bar in Chrome).

Reactions: kylebarendrick
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones