• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google chrome problem

guitarhero

Lurker
Nov 2, 2013
Hi I'm using a galaxy note 8 and I have a problem with google chrome. Every time I click on a url link in Flipboard it opens google chrome not to the link but opens multiple tabs of a website I was on about 3 weeks ago. I've read that I may need to clean up the startup in the google chrome apk but cannot find this in the settings. Anyone know of a solution as it's driving me mad

Hi,

The first thing I would do is close all the tabs. Open Chrome, tap the tab indicator icon ( the two page icon with a number inside top right of screen) then tap the three dot menu icon on the next screen, then tap 'close all tabs'.

If you don't want Chrome to be your default browser, go to Settings --> Apps --> All, locate the Chrome app, tap on it and you should see 'clear defaults'. You could 'clear cache' as well.

Hope this helps.

:)

Reactions: guitarhero
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones