• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google contacts updated; Big Problem

Stockmoose16

Apr 29, 2010
So I just got done spending hours hard-resetting and re-imaging my phone. Once I got everything up and running, I decided to go through my 2500 gmail contacts and cut them down to 315. I did just that, but the "people" widget was still showing thousands of names, even after a battery pull. I decided that maybe Touchdown was causing the problem (I use it for Exchange), but then I read somewhere that Touchdown keeps it's own database and doesn't sync with the "people" widget.

After deleting Touchdown and restarting the phone, I cannot enter any app that uses any of my contacts without it just hanging (i.e. Handcent, ContactsU, etc). The sync icon is in the notification bar, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. Now that I deleted Touchdown, the phone should only have the gmail account on board.

What is causing this problem? Why did deleting Touchdown cause an issue? I don't want to hard reset again, but I can't access any of my contacts now. Hope someone can help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones