1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Google Engineer looked at pics I sent and..General

Last Updated:

1. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Today a google engineer looked at photos I sent of My Nexus 5 and they are sending me a new unit as without a doubt my speaker was blocked by glue.

Before that I applied on of those mods for the camera and it worked incredibly.

Advertisement
  2. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

Mods for camera???
  3. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Absolutely but I think 1.2 works better than 1.3.. I am not at my desktop but it was a youtube video I watched from a british??? fella speaking about nexus 5 camera fix. It was a couple of weeks ago..Androidizen ?? was poster..

Reason for replacement of phone was that on the speaker out of 13 holes, 5 were blocked leaving 8 open.
  4. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

I'm confused.

Are you saying you blocked some of the holes on the speakers with glue after you fitted a mod for the camera??
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

6. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

so how does one find out if your phone has glue clogged speakers lol.... my speakers are kind of quiet but not super quiet... so?
  7. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Yea Adam Outler did that fix on xda. lol Looked rather simple to do too. ;)
  8. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Well it was rather easy for me as I shined a flashlight on the left bottom (when holding phone with display up) and I was able to see a silver color in 5 holes. to confirm, I turned the phone on its back and when shining a light, the holes that were blocked were where they would be expected.

Took photo (very hard for one person without a macro lens) and sent it to google support which forwarded to an engineer to examine and I was in a couple hours emailed return instructions. Before I sent picture they would not take my word.
  9. jirok

jirok Well-Known Member

Mine has blue glue blocking both speaker and microphone kinda figured I could never prove it and lightly poked the glue out and used a speaker cleaning app not much help though glad to know I can get a new one

[​IMG]

Was it anything like that I have clearer photos btw
  10. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Similar, but mine is silver appearing against black (clear holes)..

http://screencast.com/t/nszIiqLYUlt

also if you poked holes by yourself the warranty is voided and there is only 1 speaker so both your speaker and microphone look the same and mine are not.