• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Experience Launcher

JimKnuckles

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
hello all

does anyone have this running without any issues? when the apk's were taken from the nexus, i installed everything on my s4. prior to the recent google search update, it would force close when i would try to use it. so i uninstalled everything.

i reinstalled since the google search update and everything is working fine. so i thought. when i restart my phone, i am missing folders and other icons on my homescreens. so it would require me to replace everything when i reboot or change batteries. so i went ahead and uninstalled it again.

but i see lots of people saying they arent having any issues with theirs, and its working fine. so im wondering if there is something i am not doing to make it run as it should

I installed it but it kept crashing when I would attempt to add a new wallpaper from Quickpic or from the default Gallery app. I ended up just going directly into Quickpic, choosing the image I wanted and setting it as wallpaper from there.

To be perfectly honest I find it severely lacking in a lot of basic features. Nice idea, but hardly useful as a launcher.

Perhaps it only appears to suck so terribly because it cannot fully integrate with Android 4.4 (since we don't have it yet).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones