• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps - change name of map favorites?

Maybe someone has an answer... is there a way to rename address favorites within Google Maps? When u save an address in Google Maps now, it defaults to the street address & appears only to save it under that street address number. I want to rename them for my reference.

Go to your Google Bookmarks and click on the "Unlabelled" label and sort by date and edit the data there, then close the Android paps program and reopen it to see the new title.

You can also use the Google Bookmarks Android program below.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androappsdev.gomarks

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Google Bookmarks? I can't find that in Google Maps... and I would also like to rename my starred places

Google Bookmarks is the online web interface for your bookmarks. You can Google it, and you will also be able to see all of your starred map locations in Google Bookmarks. Alternatively you can download a program called "GBookmark" available in the Google Play store which will have all your starred map locations in the "unlabeled" label. You can then long click on the name to edit it, once you edit it and then reopen your Google Maps program you will see the edited name.

Screenshot_2013-05-14-19-46-23.png

Reactions: PrinceCorwin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones