Google Maps Not TalkingSupport

1. emailsucks

emailsucks New Member

Hello everyone. I have a Desire and have Google Maps installed, but when I want to go somewhere, it doesn't tell me my turns and what street to turn on. I only see the map and that's it. When maps was installed I had a popup that advised that I should download text to speech as well, which I did. I've watched on utube and the videos show turn by turn speech happening on the videos. I live in Canada. Is it not available here?

Brian

Advertisement
    :
  2. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

When you open Maps hit the search button and type-in your destination address. It'll show you it on the map, press on it and it'll give you a load of options. One of which is Directions. If you hit that (it's a picture of a road-sign - right turn) and select Navigate it'll give you turn-by-turn.

In order to get the voice, though you'll need to install the Text to Voice option from the Market (free).
  3. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

I think you mean Google Navigation and not Google maps
  4. emailsucks

emailsucks New Member

Thanks so much you guys. I'll give it a try. I think I have text to voice installed. This is my first smartphone so everything is extremely new to me. I really do appreciate the help. Heck, I can't even find my post in this forum, so I have to do a search.

Brian :confused:
  5. emailsucks

emailsucks New Member

I tried your suggestions, but it still didn't talk to me. I say navigate to and give it the place I want to go. It shows it on the map, and I click menu, and select directions, and then a box comes up asking me to type where I want to go. Did I do something wrong there?

Brian :rolleyes:
  6. killermikeman

killermikeman New Member

Try this:
    1) menu key
    2) directions
    3) fill in the locations
    4) hit the blue arrow and there you have it.
    Note: I think you need gps enabled