• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bigbadwulff

Android Expert
Jun 15, 2010
So it tells me I'm 10 minutes from work today. I'm at home. Let's see here. I've driven this same route for 10 years. Gee thanks Google. For the last 10 years I never knew how long it took me to get to work because I a friggen idiot.
Then at work, it tells me 18 minutes from home. Guess I'm taking a different route back home today? Little/ no traffic here so go figure :)
Time to turn this crap off.

I need to figure out how to turn it off as well. It is completely and totally insanely useless. I've never seen a more useless application. Every time I open it, it tells me what the weather is and nothing else. I already have apps to tell me the weather. I don't need another one.

Upvote 0
Indeed, there are some uses for it, like appointments, package tracking, and the voice assistant. I find many parts to be less than useful, and the battery drain that comes with using it to be an unwanted issue. That is why I just choose to not activate Google Now after each rom flash, and set the voice assistant app to be the long press of my added search button. That way I get the useful part without any of the negatives because this doesn't active Google Now. :)

Reactions: davidchsw
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones